Heywood Pension Technologies, a leading provider of pension management solutions, is excited to announce the release of a new resource in collaboration with the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA).
The "Made Simple Guide" on Pension Buy-Ins and Buy-Outs is designed to provide pension schemes, insurers, and industry professionals with clear and practical insights into the complex world of pension buy-ins and buy-outs.
Buy-ins and buy-outs have become increasingly important for pension scheme trustees to manage retirement obligations effectively. They are powerful options to mitigate risks and provide financial security, and this guide aims to demystify these options.
The guide covers a range of critical topics, including:
- Understanding the Concepts: A clear explanation of what buy-ins and buy-outs are, and their significance for risk mitigation for pension schemes.
- Benefits and Considerations: An exploration of the advantages and considerations for both pension schemes and insurers, helping stakeholders make informed decisions.
- Key Elements of the Process: An overview of the crucial elements of a transaction, outlining the essential steps involved.
- Investment Strategies: Insights into effective investment strategies for optimising buy-ins and buy-outs.
- Member Communication: Guidance from communication experts Quietroom on how to effectively engage with pension scheme members during the process.
Commenting on the launch of the guide, Sian Jones, Interim CEO of Heywood Pension Technologies said, “It has been a privilege to work in partnership with the PLSA on this important subject. We have combined our expertise and resources to create a guide that simplifies the complex world of pension buy-ins and buy-outs. This partnership exemplifies our dedication to advancing the pension industry and ensuring that individuals and organisations have access to the knowledge they need.”
Joe Dabrowski, Deputy Director, Policy & Advocacy, PLSA said, “With rising interest rates leading to significant improvements in defined benefit scheme funding over the last year, more and more schemes and sponsors will be looking towards buy-in and buy-out solutions. We’re pleased to have partnered with Heywood Pension Technologies to provide pension schemes with a resource to help them understand those options.”
The guide will be officially launched at the PLSA Annual Conference, providing attendees with an opportunity to access this invaluable resource firsthand. Attendees can visit the PLSA booth to pick up their copy.
Heywood Pension Technologies and PLSA invite pension professionals, insurers, and all interested parties to access the "Made Simple Guide" on their website https://www.plsa.co.uk/Resources/Made-Simple-guides